May 30, 2006

Did your school ever have a janitor named Fred?

Monica just posted about a scary dream as I was thinking of posting about mine. So I will too.
I took a nap today. Actually I fell asleep watching Fairly Odd Parents. But these happy-pappy cartoon images were not what visited me in my sleep.
I had just gotten out of the shower and was standing in front of my bathroom mirror. I noticed on my right cheeck a coarse blackness that at first made me think I'd missed a spot shaving (I shave in the shower, btw) but soon realized that it was a series of needles stuck in my skin. To give you a visual, think about Kim Leung in the new X-Men movie. It was like that, but the spikes were coming out the front. It was like long black toothpicks had been deeply embedded into my skin (not straight on, but along the jaw line). I had to pull them out, one by one, and I could really feel the needles sliding through my face. It actually hurt.
When I was done, I went to the nurse (I was apparently in some sort of boarding school. My dreams tend to take place at a mod pseudo-Hogwarts). By the time I got there, my face had started swelling. My lips were huge and it felt like there was a bouncy ball in my cheek wall that I couldn't help but painfully graze with my teeth when I moved it aside to talk or breathe. The nurse wouldn't see me because she thought it was gross, and people forced me to go wait in someone's basement who lived nearby.
In this girl's basement the bouncy ball had become a jawbreaker and my lips were like water balloons. I wasn't really in pain at this point, but I knew that soon I wouldn't be able to breathe. I couldn't talk anymore and out of frustration I started punching out windows, embedding shards of glass between my knuckles and getting long cuts half way up my forearms.
Then I woke up.
For some reason I'm not tired tonight, so I've read up on everyone's blogs and taken the stupid comment moderator off my own. Now you can post freely and we don't have to go throught the email notification hassle. I'm also watching Arrested Development Disc 1. We'll see how far I get before I drift off to that scary place we call sleep.

Labels:

Comments on "Did your school ever have a janitor named Fred?"

 

Blogger -K- said ... (5:06 PM) : 

Good! There have been so many times that I have left a lengthy message just to have it disappear with I entered it. So then I'd just give up.

Some things:
1. Sorry about the needles.

2. Gambit's my fave too. Why didn't they put him in any of the movies? I ask the directors this question in my head ALL the time.

3. That time I was in NYC and didn't contact you? Well, I left you a comment about it...only to have it erased. So here's the short version: I didn't contact anyone that day, because we had plans that took up most of the day. I knew everyone was at work, and I didn't want to make anyone come track me down (because I was at the mercy of seven high school girls during free time) just to quickly say hi (since we left at seven).

4. I really can't remember all of the other comments I've left that you never saw. So I'll just leave you with a word that will hopefully sum it all up:

"carrot."

 

Blogger AE said ... (1:26 PM) : 

post, I like to read about your life so I don't have to talk to you.

 

post a comment