November 05, 2004

If you've got anything else to read, better it than this

I'm running way behind on all my work. I've been so involved in Once Upon a Mattress and making fun of Peroutka that I've let some of my schoolwork fall by the wayside. Sad, but true.

Good news, I finally was able to campaign and make a quick $50. Then today's payday, so I'm going to the bank to try and make up for the $550 I'm spending on Theatre and Theology in January. Now, I know that January is far away, but Theatre and Theology is on my mind because the sign-up deadline is fast approaching.
The Up Side:
Somehow Dr. Dixon was convinced to let us go see Wicked again, so I'm so happy I've lost some of my bladder control.
The Down Side:
A certain someone is going: we nicknamed him "Downstage" during West Side Story my freshman year. For those of you who don't know, you can probably figure it out. It's the only person that could possibly bring down a trip to New York. What's worse, there are only five guys going: 2 freshmen, me, and 2 seniors (one being Downstage). I just have this sinking feeling in my soul that the room situation will be Juniors and Seniors in one room, freshmen in another. This is, for lack of a better phrase, absolutely unacceptable. I might have to go to Dr. Dixon and plead for the safety of my own sanity.

The other reason I talk about events as far as January is that nothing else of interest is happening. I wholly relate to my blogger friend of the xanga persuasion. It seemed things to write about were just flying at me in blatant stupid glory during the summer, but now that I'm back at school, it seems my sources have dried up and withered away. I hate to say I almost miss Sally. Almost. I actually emailed Sally the other day. My dad wants to buy hats from her. I only hope that this hasn't reminded her that I'll be in Kentucky for Thanksgiving. On the bright side, I have moved to a different city, so I'll be less "able" to make it all the way to her office.

I'm sorry that this post exists. I did it out of obligations, and it sounds like one side of a really boring phone conversation.

Comments on "If you've got anything else to read, better it than this"

 

Blogger Yax said ... (12:55 PM) : 

For a minute there I was jealous that you were going on Theatre and Theology, as I will never forgive myself for not going when I had the chance. But spending the trip in a room with that guy? I wouldn't even want to think about that. Tell Dr. Dixon to let me go and I'll room with you instead. I can't possibly be worse than him, can I?

 

Blogger Trey said ... (6:08 PM) : 

maybe that can be arranged. if not, i've decided to kill him

 

Blogger Yax said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Well, let me know when the trip is. If I can't go, maybe I can at least help you find a place to dump the body.

 

Blogger Yax said ... (12:14 AM) : 

All murdering aside, do you think I should ask Dixon if he'd let me go? If he said yes, I could probably come up with the money. It would just depend on when the trip is.

And I've been reading critical theory for the paper I'm writing, so your blog really was the most interesting thing I read today.

 

Blogger Yax said ... (4:21 PM) : 

So, I guess I'm going on this trip too.

 

Blogger Trey said ... (12:24 PM) : 

serioius?!

 

Blogger Yax said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Yep.

 

Blogger Trey said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Good news! You're in my room with Mike Gehrling and Brendan Sandham! Directly implied: not R.G.

 

Blogger Yax said ... (2:19 PM) : 

I can't even begin to count the ways Brendan and Mike are better than that other guy.

 

post a comment