September 13, 2004

Dance Party Remix

"It takes 42 muscels to smile, so instead pick up your middle finger and say 'bite me' in a bitchy tone!"

It's that time of the year again when classes begin to get into full swing and most of my time is spent auditioning and preparing for auditions. I've had 3 so far. I have 1 or 2 more to go. So far they've been relatively successful.

To mix things up a bit I decided to go above and beyond simply filling out the audition sheet. I did this to be funny, and I sincerely hope Mrs. Craig know that. On my resume, I mentioned such illustrious awards as the envied "Doublemint Award," and did my Jon Passavant salute in my headshot (which I later realized I did incorectly):

Earlier in the week I auditioned and got a part in the TAP Fall '04 One Acts Festival. I'm very excited. JZ wrote it, and I think it has a lot of potential. Yesterday I went through the first step of Musical auditions: monologue. Personally, the monologue is my least favorite part of auditions. I really need direction, and "select a one-minute monologue" isn't nearly enough. Secondly, in a vain attempt to have my audition piece memorized I'm a nervous wreck, and I tend to slur my words.

I am still hopeful: my singing audition should kick ass, and I'm pretty confident in my place in the theatre foodchain. I'm seriously not being pompous. I don't think I'm that great, it's just that everyone graduated and I'm a last resort. Expect another post should I not make callbacks...

Looking through old picture files, I found hidden away a video clip. A very special one. During last year's musical, "Jane Eyre," we the ensemble were a very disgruntled bunch. To improve upon our situation we came up with Jane Eyre Dance Party Remix, where we gathered in the darkness of the Stage R trancept, distributed sugar cubes to everyone, enlisted the aid of the techies and their flashlights, and raved as I became a human beatbox for one of the songs. It is my goal that this becomes a tradition in every show we do from now on.

On a different note, living with JZ and Charlie
The loss of last year's sweet suite has been gently recieved this year due to the rapid developments of many new friends and roommates. Funny coincidence: Last year I lived next door to Dan Marsh and Garrett Nichols. This year, my neighbors are also named Dan and Garrett (also, it's the Garrett who is my twin). Anyway, I've been hanging out with a lot of people groups since my trusty trio is on to bigger and better things. Oddly enough I've bonded with Charlie. But this could be a bad thing since he's gotten me back to the point where 75% of my contribution to humanity is Family Guy quotes.

In retrospect, this is another disappointing post. But for those of you who would complain, at least you got one.

Comments on "Dance Party Remix"

 

post a comment