September 20, 2004

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

"I have a stepladder. It's a very nice stepladder but it's sad that I never knew my real ladder."
- Craig Charles

Coffee. Its effects are not what you would expect. After sitting at Eat 'n Park till 2:00 in the morning drinking 13 cups of coffee, I came to my room and went right to sleep. But then I woke up at 6:00 this morning.

But it was all for the better. I was supposed to pay for parking registration by last Friday, so I used this opportunity to go down to the Bursar's office right when it opened and beg for mercy. It worked. I don't have to pay the late fee.

But now I'm sitting in my room, unable to turn the lights on due to slumbering roommates, with nothing to do until my 11:00 class. I could be catching up with classes in which I'm already behind or I could even go to the gym. Instead, I'm blogging.

I guess I failed to mention that I got an awesome part in Once Upon a Mattress. I'll be playing Sir Harry, who's sort of a secondary-romantic-lead. Basically I knocked this girl up, and we're trying to get married to cover it up. Getting in the way of our marriage is the queen's law that no one can marry until the prince does, and there's also the fact that I'm a pompous ass. I love it.

Today I'm submitting my first-ever Collegian article. I was asked to review Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I hope people like it. I said a few things that I hope will make people remember me. I'll post it later after the paper comes out. I don't want to spoil it for anyone (except for the 4 people to whom I either emailed it or read it aloud).

Brendan, my old roommate, is supposed to be visiting today. I'm pretty excited about that. He's bringing up some copies of the movie he's been making (not one for me, though). Regardless, I'll steal one from Dr. Brown and watch it. Brendan's also going to be playing Seymore in Little Shop of Horrors somewhere in Ohio, and I'm going to see that soon. A few other alumni have visited and slept on our couch, like Mike Filman and Dan Marsh. Dan's going to be leaving for France in a week, and we're all sad to see him go. He'll be back again tomorrow and we can all have our sloppy good-byes.

But I just realized that I have to read The Taming of the Shrew before Shakespeare at 2:00, so I'll cut this short before I begin to ramble. Just remember, kids. Don't mess with my Jesus!

Comments on "The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!"

 

post a comment