September 01, 2004

Did anyone else laugh in Simon Birch when the midget killed his best friend's mom with a baseball?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
- Charles Schultz


I apologize. I know you were all waiting with bated breath, and because of me some of you passed out and hit your head on the corner of your coffee table from lack of oxygen. But I'm back and better than ever.

Living in the new house and quitting my job facilitated the most relaxing week of my life. I sat around eating (healthy snacks, of course), watching movies, trying to figure out satellite TV, and reading a little. I had a few people over, babysat my friend's 8-month-old, and bid a fond farewell to my two and a half friends. Come Saturday, I was more than ready to leave.

I have returned to school in lovely Pennsylvania, far far away from my internship in Kentucky. But just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, I found out my internship requirements are far from fulfilled. Aparently I have to write a 10-page paper on different communication theories that applied to what I did this summer. Since I haven't been in school, I've completely forgotten all the theories I've learned, but even if I knew them none would ever apply to the crap I put myself through with Sally. Let the bullshitting begin!

It's undeniably wonderful to be back at school. My roommates are great. My classes seem reasonable. But there is a feeling of emptiness without those who graduated last semester. I remember upper-classmen talking about old friends and I wonder if I'll be one of those who can only think about good times past.

Auditions for One Acts are fast approaching. I actually directed last year, but that turned out to be a disaster (not my actors, my relationship with the advisor) so I'm eager to act again. The fall musical was also announced: Once Upon a Mattress. I know nothing of this play, but I'm excited nonetheless. It's time to overwhelm myself with theatre again!!!

THINGS I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BY NOW
1. When storing a refrigerator, be sure to let it defrost before shutting the door. If you simply store it as-is for three months, it will develop several substances that are very visible and pungent in the fowlest sense of the words.
2. If you have purchased a refrigerator that is larger than the measurements allotted in the dorm rules, it is a good idea to have someone help you. If someone can't carry his, you certainly can't carry yours.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, wash out a refrigerator with Walmart brand bathroom cleaner. The mildew will be gone and the fridge will smell like the cleanest of toilets, but so will your food.

Comments on "Did anyone else laugh in Simon Birch when the midget killed his best friend's mom with a baseball?"

 

Blogger lvs said ... (3:45 PM) : 

And I thought the refrigerator saga was over by now. Apparently the middle-aged ladies at Wal-Mart were wrong. How's the baking soda working?

 

post a comment