August 14, 2006

Update to let y'all know I'm alive

We still don't have internet access at the house. Instead we go to the coffee shop down the street for the free wi-fi (and I always feel obligated to buy coffee, so it's turning out much more expensive than getting our own hook-up)

House:
The house is great. The afternoons make my attic apartment an oven, but I'm free to go see Hannah and Caitlin downstairs anytime. I've taken pictures and will post them when I'm using my own computer (on Hannah's now). But rest assured that I like it alot.

Jobs:
I have three potential part-time jobs. I will definitely be doing some free-lance work at a gigantic hospital hotel, ushering doctors around and playing with AV equipment. I have two interviews tomorrow as well. I'm going to the big deal regional theatre to talk about several available positions. When I get back I'm going to this very coffee shop to talk about working here. So three part time jobs with varying pay rates. It's unstable and crazy and I think I'll love it.

Church:
I've been going to church with Caitlin's family. Together we take up half the church. I love worship because they only sing through the songs once. And the pastor's good. As well as Caitlin's father.

Cleveland Heights/Coventry
Seriously, all the best parts of New York. Little restaurants with vegan options, shops full of useless eighties action figures, homeless people, etc. And I don't have to live in Harlem or work in a giant tourist trap.

Money:
Send some. Please.

Everything else is a long tale of adventure and glory. I will withold them for now because I wish to give them the embellishment they deserve.

Labels:

Comments on "Update to let y'all know I'm alive"

 

Blogger Donkey Patrol said ... (2:39 PM) : 

SLAP!!!!

That was a slap from ME to let you know that I AM alive. I hope you didn't read that 'I am' like YHWH "I AM", because I AM not that I AM. I am Andrew, I am in North Carolina, I am alive, and I have a new blog in addition to my time spent with Keith. The new blog is called http://theappalcartrules.blogspot.com and it's about The APPALcart and other sundry NC activities. Best of luck in the transition in Ohio, and I'll talk to you soon!

POOF!!

 

Blogger stephanie said ... (12:12 AM) : 

i have the urge to visit you, only because you're so close (also because i think you are a cool person and we were in that one act together). well, cleveland's an hour from where i live, but i drove there all summer to be in west side story so it doesn't feel that far away. anyway, i hope you are having fun and your jobs work out and maybe someday i will call you (except that i don't have your phone number, so this may not actually happen) and come visit.

 

Blogger lvs said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Want to come visit! And if you start working at the coffeeshop, we'll have to have competitions. ;-)

 

Blogger -K- said ... (11:16 PM) : 

Glad that good times are occurring, and that you have two hot babes living below you.

 

Blogger Yax said ... (9:40 PM) : 

So... still alive?

 

Blogger Graceful Peaceful German Fischer said ... (3:31 PM) : 

No, he's dead. I ate him. I became a starving artist, and he got stroppy.

 

Blogger Trey said ... (10:45 PM) : 

Actually, I'm being held prisoner. It's humid.

 

post a comment