April 08, 2006

I've done cool things, but I'd rather talk about this

Most men remember obligations, but are not often likely to be grateful; the proud are made sour by the remembrance and the vain silent
~William Gilmore Simms

It's been too long since I updated. I was going at a really good pace since I graduated. \A glass of wine consumed by the lovely SBP sparked a discussion that will go down in our blogring history. My four beers will not. Instead it give us this:

I'm just laying around on a [much deserved] lazy Saturday night, drinking alone and watching "Saving Private Ryan" on TBS. Spring Break, WOOOO!!!
But it really makes me think. My grandfather was in WWII and died when I was seven months old. I don't know anything about this man. Was there a guy in his company tagging along with the dreams of writing about the brotherhood of the service? Is there someone who can tell me about my heritage?
How similar could we possibly be if, as an even younger man, he was serving in Germany, risking his life, while I went to college and then on to NYC to pursue a career in theatre? Is my path better or worse?
My life is much different than I ever imagined it would be. I know it's different from what my parents saw for me when I was a baby, and I definitely know that my grandparents never dreamed I'd be here. But is it an accomplishment that surpasses their dreams or disappoints them?

I just found out that, with all my saved up overtime, I can take off a week for graduation. I'm going to purchase me some expensive plane tickets and spend Wednesday - Saturday at Grove City, then Sunday - Tuesday at home. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. There aren't enough people in my life anymore, and this rush is just what I need. The only downside is that I have to wait for over a month. But I'm really looking forward to it.

I still haven't heard about the job, by the way. I hope all my Grover friends are having an amazing spring break, visiting the beach or grad school or family. I envy you all.

Next update I promise to talk about the Gala (many new celb acquaintances) and the HipTix party (possibly the 'coolest' thing I've done yet). Until then, I'm reall sleepy.

Sidenotes: "The Fifth Eliment" is on. That soundtrack is the first non-Christian CD I ever bought, and it caused my parents concern. And "Veronica Mars," which I've never even seen before, starred both George Michael and Maebe from "Arrested Development." Therefore, I will give it a second chance whenever I next see it whilst aimlessly flipping.

Comments on "I've done cool things, but I'd rather talk about this"

 

Blogger lvs said ... (10:54 PM) : 

I thought you might like to know that the new Antonio Banderas dance flick, "Take the Lead" features - in a very sexy dancing role, mind you - none other than RUFIO!!!!!! Ru-Fi-OOOOOOOOO....

 

Blogger Trey said ... (3:53 PM) : 

well now I have to see it.
Actually, I was expecting to see Antonio at the Gala. I didn't. But if I had, I wanted to tell him how good the promotion for that movie has been. Posters are nice, and have you seen the new preview with all the clapping and rhythm and junk?
awesome.

 

post a comment