February 26, 2006

Yin

To catch you up a little bit, I saw three shows last weekend:

Entertaining Mr. Sloane – Roundabout’s production with Arec Barwin. He plays a gay guy and has many of the same mannerisms he had in the SNL where he was Charles Nelson Riley on “Inside the Actor’s Studio”

STOMP – Screaming at the band geek instincts in me, I had a lot of fun watching it.

Blue Man Group – Even without Dr. Tobias Funke, this is probably my favorite off-Broadway show.

Also last weekend, visity touristy goodness. Katie and Travis came to visit us! Amazing visiting friends are not only amazing on their own, but they give other amazing people who live here a reason to get together. Long story short, we have: Chelsea, Katie, Travis, JZ, Chelsea, Bethany, the Cava, and myself.

We met in Lincoln Center, where I would never go on my own. We went to the MoMA (free on Chelsea's VIP pass). We walked around looking up a lot. It was the first time since I moved here that I had real New York pizza. We hung out in McDonalds when it got too cold. We went to Serendipity and I had icecream even though I was freezing. Food, friends, fun. Yay.

Pajama Game premiered Thursday night! This means a lot of things. The reviews came out on Friday, so at work nobody could get a line out of the building because ticket services tied up the entire company with the overwhelming calls for tickets. Yay!

Opening night as an event made for a long but fun day. My work day went from 8 hours to 13 and a half. But at 11:30, it was a party. For the two hours before the show, I was in the elevator keeping people who weren’t VIP’s from getting to the VIP party in the lounge with Longine. That was supposed to be my only task, but I inevitably had to tell everyone where their seat was. I did meet Ana Gasteyer, though. She’s tall and blonde.

Later, at the Marriot Marquis in Times Square, it was my job to stand for a few hours and herd people to the party, remind them to keep their passes out, and to weed out crashers.

The party was a lot of fun. Lots of free food and an open bar. There was a dance floor on the stage, and after a visit to the bar, I had fun on it. I found out that Michael McKean is married to Annette O’Toole, who plays Martha Kent on “Smallville.” I also saw a lot of Chris Carmack, who’s in "Sloane," because he spent a lot of time dancing with an intern friend of mine. Sweet.

I didn't hyperlink like crazy this time. Look stuff up for yourselves.

Comments on "Yin"

 

Blogger -K- said ... (8:57 AM) : 

When I met Ana, she was so much shorter than I thought she'd be and her hair was reddish brown...and I told her that I loved her, and she hugged me.

 

Blogger Rainey said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Oh Trey, you are difficult. No, I meant I don't want to go to foreign countries to help build churches. Drama team is completely different. ;-)

 

post a comment