March 13, 2006

a fox named Swift...

I reckon being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill and is not obliged to work till one is better.
~Samuel Butler, The Way of All Flesh

I finally went to church again last night. I’d been putting it off because I hadn’t had the opportunity to go with friends since last month. Not so much because I feel intimidated by the congregation, but because I wasn’t sure how to get there (we always meet at JZ’s and walk and I have no idea where we go). But last night, I saw that my subway has a stop literally on the front steps of Redeemer. So with all hindrances abolished, I’d better have myself a Sunday night routine. But it was great last night. Tim Keller gave yet another amazing sermon, and we went to Monsoon afterwards for some lovely Thai.

This whole weekend was very relaxing. Granted, it wasn’t nearly as amazing as birthday weekend, but I need this weekend to recover. I slept for many many hours, laid around in bed a bit, and ordered Chinese. At the same time, though, I decided to make a major life change and get healthy again. It started on Saturday when I got exceptionally bored of watching Goblet of Fire, and decided that it was a nice day and that I should go exploring in my neighborhood (I still needed to find a Laundromat). I know that I live just one block away from the Hudson, but I’d never been down there. As it turns out, there’s a huge beautiful park within five minutes of me. Instead of finding a map or something useful, I decided to simply walk its entire length and back, admiring the pool, football field, track, playgrounds, skate park, etc. I walked for a very long time and came back extraordinarily refreshed.

So I went to the grocery store, stocked up on veggies, and binged on the last of my junk food. Now I’m going to meet JZ three days a week (hopefully) to work out after work, and I hope to start getting up early on nice days and visit my park.

I was also motivated to update my resume and write a cover letter for an open position at work. I’m finally caught up with everything I had to do. I get a gold star for the day.

Comments on "a fox named Swift..."

 

Blogger Rainey said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Good for you, darlin'. Kudos on all the life changing decisions you've made.

 

Blogger Jen said ... (10:17 PM) : 

you also get a gold star for being you. i rly freakin miss you...and so does dann brown. i'm coming to visit you and mon in NYC next year, don't worry. and good job on the job stuff - adult time is hard, but you sound like you're doing pretty awesome at it.

 

post a comment