March 30, 2006

Bored with my Thoughts? Try Better Ones!

Boredom: The desire for desires

~Leo Tolstoy

I figured out how to add things to my sidebar (turns out all I had to do was think about it!) and I’ve added links to my favorite places on the web. All but ebaumsworld and addictinggames.com, because these places are full of so much spyware you’ll want to tear your hair out. I go to these places against my better judgment, then I have to spend an hour and a half doing a full virus/spyware scan with four different programs so that I can pay my credit card and cell phone bills with peace of mind.

The first one is my incentive to read. Many of my friends do book reviews, and I thought I should join them, even though my pleasure reading is far beneath any of theirs. Half an hour on the subway twice a day (at least) plus many impoverishly-bored evenings have lent themselves to developing new healthy happy habits. I’ve really read many books (well, more than typical) since I came to New York, and I just have to force myself to talk about them. So bug me. Motivate me.

Comments on "Bored with my Thoughts? Try Better Ones!"

 

Blogger lvs said ... (5:09 PM) : 

I remember talking with you once about your poor reading habits, and now I'm pleasantly surprised to find that you've discovered what fun it can be. Nay, I'm PROUD. PROUD.

 

Blogger Rainey said ... (11:36 PM) : 

Thanks hon, but um... why did you write that thing about your password? Was that in reference to something I don't remember? It probably was. I'm forgetful. Thanks again!

 

Blogger monica said ... (1:10 AM) : 

are you living at lambs' this summer? i found the ad through redeemer too and jen and i are hoping to get in (did you know i'm moving to nyc with jennifer allison?? i am. then she'll go off to grad school and i'll stay). we're gonna put in our official application tomorrow. do you know how competitive it is? it's in SUCH an incredible location. have you seen the rooms? I WANT INFO???

any news on the job???

 

Blogger The Prufroquette said ... (9:51 PM) : 

How 'bout you talk...AT ALL.

C'mon, Trey...regale us with stories of you in New York!

 

post a comment