April 01, 2005

Isn't it ironic?

"I told my mother-in-law that my house was her house, and she said, 'Get the hell off my property!'"
~Joan Rivers

Children’s Theatre grows ever-more-eminent. Tests are looming. Papers aren’t getting done. Food isn’t getting eaten. Sleep isn’t being had.

Today sucks balls. Dirty ones. Cheap bouncy balls from the 25 cent machine in the front of the Grove City Wal-Mart. Balls that were lost in the woods and crapped on by a rabid deer. Today found those balls and pounced at the chance to wrap its lips around them.

My main cause for ulcers is Room Draw. All semester, I’ve assumed that my fraternity friends would be able to reserve the one room left on their hall for me. As far as I can tell, I don’t think that it’s overstepping anyone’s bounds to be able to conduct business on your own fraternity hall. However, the new and improved Student Life & Learning here at Grove City College has decided that that’s just not possible.

Having been confident in my reserved single all semester, I haven’t made any attempts to procure a back-up roommate in case I couldn’t get a single by normal procedure. Any friend I would have lived with not only has a roommate, but already has a room because they’re in a housing group, fraternity, or they’re an RA. Thus I am now sitting on my hands having been given #101 hoping that the 27 singles available don’t get taken by even a third of the people in front of me.

I’m going to the SL&L office shortly and begging for the single. With the new rules I really don’t have a strong case except for one of pity. I’ve only got one semester left, and I’d really like to make it my best, and I’m really disappointed that this new admistrative office which is supposed to cater to the students is ruining it for me. I’m going to be on the no roommate list, then forced to live with someone who actually doesn’t have any other options because he’s that horrible to live with.

When and if they tell me that there’s nothing they can do, I’m not going to piss and moan, but I am going to ask them if, this year, the basketball team is going to magically get the entire south side of Alumni.

The way I think things will turn out, I’ll be bitching shortly. Until then…

Comments on "Isn't it ironic?"

 

Blogger Yax said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Is it too late to forge a doctor's note that says you have a medical reason to need a single?

 

post a comment