October 12, 2007

All I Want is a Room Somewhere... My Room. At My Apartment

I’m homeless.

A train blew up in my back yard. Seriously.

It was far enough away that nothing’s wrong, but the fire/police/hasmat people won’t let me back in my house. This happened on Wednesday, and I’m still without a change of clothes. Yet the most upsetting part of all this is that I totally missed seeing the exploding train bit. I was listening to my new Sufjan Stevens album and had it turned way up.

The doorbell rang (I assumed it was complaining neighbors) and the apartment maintenance guy was telling me to evacuate , pointing to a gigantic black cloud.

So here I sit, two days later, at Caitlin and Hannah’s house. On Caitlin’s computer. Wishing I had my stuff. Watching Judge Joe Brown. Returning to my long-abandoned blog.

Comments on "All I Want is a Room Somewhere... My Room. At My Apartment"

 

Blogger The Prufroquette said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Sufjan?! You're listening to Sufjan?!

I love my friends and their amazing and common music tastes.

Sufjan's music has saved my faith -- and my life -- more than a few times over the past two years.

Did you see his new Christmas Music exchange on the Asthmatic Kitty website? If I could only write songs...

 

post a comment