January 28, 2007

Guess Who's Coming to Breakfast

My mother tried to kill me when I was a baby. She denied it. She said she thought the plastic bag would keep me fresh.

- Bob Monkhouse



OK, so I MAY have said that my next post would be about the holidays. Sure, every post so far has proved contrary, but that does not make me a liar.



I'm up in the AM on a Saturday because 1. I have to go to work at 12, and 2. because my mother is coming to visit me sometime this morning. A friend of ours in Columbus had a baby, and while she was in Ohio, Mom decided to come say hi and to see Mice and Men. She's supposed to be here any time between now and 12, so I'm frantically trying to clean/warm up my apartment so that she doesn't think I've been living like some kind of crazy messy cold person.



Wish me luck.

Labels:

Comments on "Guess Who's Coming to Breakfast"

 

Blogger The Prufroquette said ... (7:23 AM) : 

Parental visits always send me into a frenzy of cleaning. I think having company is the art of pretending you don't live the way you actually do.

 

post a comment