January 23, 2007

Tag! Body Spray!

Do not think for a moment that I'm proud of that title.

I just opened Word to see if I spelled “atrocious” correctly. I did. So continuing with that theme (that theme being typing) I have decided to update my blog.

I got an email the other day from my dear dear friend Beth. In it was the phrase, “hope we catch up sometime.” That cut me to the quick (though, on the bright side, I now know where my quick is). I’ve been getting similar messages across the board, and have been stifling the guilt for becoming uncharacteristically withdrawn. But I finally realized that my college friends could very easily become like my highschool friends (i.e. people I don’t care about) and I desperately don’t want that to happen. So this post, friends, shall serve as my promise to you to be a better friend. This will include more updates on “Sighings,” as well as personal correspondence! So look forward to a better Trey and a brighter tomorrow.

To commemorate this occasion, I shall do that thing people told me to do via tag.

FIVE THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME (AND YOU WERE PROBABLY BETTER OFF NOT KNOWING ANYWAY)

1. I was obsessed with Legos as a child. They were the pined for Christmas gift every year. I think I stopped asking for them sometime in highschool. I never wanted to play with them, though. They were to be constructed and displayed. The End. When I left for college and my parents were turning my bedroom into a guest room (never really happened) I took my fully assembled Legos and placed them carefully in the attic.

2. I cannot eat shrimp cocktail. I love shrimp. I love shrimp scampi, popcorn shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp skewers, etc. (The ‘etc.’ is in lieu of a long Forrest Gump quote that I didn’t feel like looking up.) It’s a texture thing for me. Cold + Shrimp = Gag Reflux.

3. I have a goatee because an orthodontist once told me that I had a weak chin and recommended that or mentoplasty. He wasn’t even my orthodontist.

4. When I was little, I could be occupied by playing with water. For hours. Sure, I did it in the kiddie pool and in the bathtub. That is somewhat normal. What isn’t normal is that I would periodically go into the bathroom, fill up the sink, and splash around. This is even stranger if you take into consideration my intense fear of swimming.

5. I was very excited when I found the OKGO treadmill video on YouTube, thinking that I’d stumbled across a tiny indie band that only I could truly appreciate. Then I found out they did that dance at the effing VMA’s before I’d even heard of them. I still like them, though. Very much

Labels:

Comments on "Tag! Body Spray!"

 

Blogger Beth said ... (4:31 PM) : 

I didn't mean to cut you to the quick, buddy! looooove you!

 

post a comment